For lack of better blog topic (also just because it works)... I am going to post 25 random things here...
1. I just installed Windows 7 Beta on my Eee PC 1000h, and as much as I dislike Microsoft, so far it is proving to be faster and more responsive than the original Linux OS (a Xandros flavor) that shipped with it and Easy Peasy (an Ubuntu 8.10 variant with netbook remix interface). Installing it and getting drivers was a headache that I didn't experience with the other OS's, but once installed it seems to be running quicker. Weird. I'm kinda sad.
2. I often feel inadequate as a musician. Despite this, it is my dream to one day do a tour similar to "Passion's One Day"... playing worship at locations throughout the US and giving seminars... all to culminate in one big worshipfest at some location where everyone comes to worship God together and love each other.
3. I'm a sucker for curly hair and accents.
4. In general, I will use an inferior open-source/free software product as opposed to a closed source product for philosophical reasons.
5. I was a fan of Switchfoot, Relient K, Kutless and OneRepublic long before they became big.
6. Even though I enjoy discovering obscure bands that don't sound like anyone else and have similar philosophies of distribution to me (anti-RIAA) sometimes I still enjoy the same pop crap that everyone else listens to. I just don't listen to it on the radio.
7. There are a few people who are solely responsible for introducing me to certain styles of music. I owe them more than I could ever repay.
8. I thrive on interaction with people. People, music and learning new things are three of the biggest motivators in my life. No wonder I enjoy playing new music with new people so much. Anybody have an opening in a band for me?
9. A friend recently pointed out to me that I have a Type-A personality. I'm afraid I'm still in denial. Is it really true?
10. My time at Life Pacific College was probably the best three years of my life.
11. I love to dance. Even though I really suck at it. A hidden camera in my apartment would surely ruin any hope I'd ever have of holding a public office.
12. I am less sure of what I believe after graduating with a bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies than I did going into it. I do know that I believe.
13. I generally dislike random surveys. I am only doing this because a close friend of mine did and I wouldn't want to let her down. I am also rationalizing it by thinking this isn't a true survey because I get to make up my answers and there are no questions.
14. I really like my job. I wonder if I would like it for a career.
15. My job is not my calling.
16. I shudder every time I catch myself speaking in Christianese. If you are a true friend, please slap me next time I speak Christianese without prefacing it by saying, "Pardon my Christianese, but..."
17. I say "ummm" far to often when I am thinking and talking at the same time. Bad Brad.
18. I love how welcoming my new church is. It's a diverse group of personalities that works very well together. It already feels like home. I need to pray for it more.
19. I've gone for weeks without turning on the TV sometimes. Internet... not so much.
20. I love to make new friends. New connections. New people that God puts into my life to influence me and for me to influence. And I'm nerdy enough to wish that in heaven God has some sort of graph that shows how all of our timelines interweave and affect each other.
21. I have an addictive personality. If I like something, I quickly grow to be nearly obsessed with it. Which has lead to late night conversations, all night gaming sessions and generally the destruction of anything resembling a normal sleep schedule.
22. As much as I want to live a long, full life, I want to die doing something really crazy... taking some huge risk. When my life's flame goes out I want to burn out bright. (See "Secondhand Lions" for ideas.)
23. I want to play piano like Ben Folds and Andrew McMahon. I wish I could sing like Matt Hammit and Steve Perry. If I could play Mozart's "Turkish March" on guitar I would finally be satisfied with my guitar skill.
24. I am a nerd, and proud of it. I am also certain kinds of geek and regularly act like a dork. there is a difference. Ask me about it.
25. This was originally posted on my Facebook. Anybody who reads this blog (if anybody does) is welcome to comment with 25 random things about them. Or just post this on their blog and link me to it in the comments.
The Curse Is Reversed. Women First.
3 weeks ago